Two sent to hospital for minor burns suffered in kitchen fire
By J.J. KINDRED | (email@example.com)
A kitchen fire at a residence on Old Clover Hill Road in Maryville today sent two people to the hospital for minor burns, according to a Blount County Fire Department report.
Firefighters were dispatched at approximately 12:05 p.m., with two trucks and four personnel, said Blount County Fire Chief Doug McClanahan.
He said the fire was basically a grease fire that started in the kitchen, which was actually extinguished by the time they arrived on the scene. Smoke was exhausted from the home, but two of the unidentified occupants were taken by Rural/Metro to Blount Memorial Hospital for minor burns.
“The damage was confined to the kitchen,” McClanahan said.