Grand jury indicts one of four men in April cocaine bust
By J.J. Kindred | (firstname.lastname@example.org)
A Blount County grand jury returned eight true bills Monday, including the indictment of a Knoxville man who was one of four men arrested and charged with cocaine trafficking on April 18.
Jose Luis Meza-Rosas, 29, was charged with possession of a Schedule II controlled substance (cocaine), greater than 26 grams, with intent to resell. He was being held on a $25,000 bond.
During a five-month investigation, the 5th Judicial Drug Task Force seized nearly a kilogram of cocaine and more than $50,000 culminating with the arrests that occurred on April 18. The investigation led to a search warrant at the residence of Saul Eugenio Sanchez, 26, Avalon Drive, Louisville, where drug task force members and other officers found three-fourths of a kilogram of cocaine, $50,050 cash, digital scales and other paraphernalia used to repackage cocaine.
A total of almost 2 kilograms of cocaine, with a street value between $52,700 to $74,400, was seized during the investigation.
Sanchez and the other suspects have pending indictments.
The grand jury also returned the following indictments:
• Christopher Darrin Anthony, 31, Island Home Road, Louisville, DUI, violation of the implied consent law, stemming from an incident on April 23, 2011.
• Emily Marie Bach, 35, Creola, Ala., DUI, driving while texting, stemming from an incident on Feb. 22, 2011.
• Robert Lee Back, 34, Williams Road, Seymour, violation of the sex offender registry, stemming from an incident on March 16.
• Amanda Sue Brookshire, 19, Lane Drive, Friendsville, possession of a Schedule IV substance, possession of drug paraphernalia, stemming from an incident on Oct. 11, 2011.
• Jason Von Latham, 34, Wears Valley Road, Townsend, vehicular assault, DUI, failure to exercise due care, stemming from an incident on April 15.
• Brian Trent Myers, 44, McBrayer Lane, Maryville, possession of a handgun while under the influence, DUI, violation of the implied consent law, stemming from an incident on Aug. 2, 2011.
• Cody Ryan Smith, 22, South Magnolia Street, Maryville, DUI, stemming from an incident on June 17, 2011.