Pellissippi State Community College presented the Excellence in Teaching Award to Christie Cunningham, assistant professor in Natural and Behavior Sciences, during the school's annual employee recognition ceremony.
The Innovations Award was presented to Richard Smelser, Jacob Moore and Nadia Keyes from the Financial Aid office for the creation of a Default Aversion Unit that helps Pellissippi State graduates repay school loans.
The Gene Joyce Visionary Award was given to Gitti Negahban, associate professor in Business and Computer Technology, in recognition of her work on an outreach project that has made a positive impact on the community.
Additional award recipients include:
• Outstanding Adjunct Faculty, Robyn James, Liberal Arts
• Outstanding Administrator, Melanie Paradise, Records
• Outstanding Contract Worker, Janet Cope, Blount County Programs
• Outstanding Full-Time Faculty, Jennifer Brickey, Liberal Arts
• Outstanding Support Professional, Donna Pasternak, Budget and Payroll
• Outstanding Technical/Service/Maintenance Worker, J.J. Patterson, Network and Technical Services