Sgt. James Ray and Edna (Ownby) Potter, of Alcoa, will celebrate their 71st wedding anniversary on May 18, 2019. They were married in Chatsworth, Georgia, in 1948 by JW Dooley. Their family includes daughter, Sylvia Ann Alderton, of Cumberland, Maryland; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. James is retired from the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force. The couple are members at Edgewood Primitive Baptist Church.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Maryville man arrested after assaulting a three-year-old with autism
- TLC Maryville seeks opioid treatment center certification to open
- Nurse at East Tennessee Medical Group expected to recover after being put on life support
- Alcoa outdoes itself in landslide semifinal victory over Loudon
- Maryville redeems itself, punches ticket to state with win over Oakland
- Greenback’s Holden Willis, Alcoa’s Zeke Rankin win Mr. Football awards
- No one injured in Sunday night Alcoa shooting
- Greenback's Holden Willis adds Mr. Football award to record-breaking season
- Woman taken to the hospital after telling officers she had drugs inside a body cavity
- Several-vehicle accident on Alcoa Highway slows traffic to crawl