Sgt. James Ray and Edna (Ownby) Potter, of Alcoa, will celebrate their 71st wedding anniversary on May 18, 2019. They were married in Chatsworth, Georgia, in 1948 by JW Dooley. Their family includes daughter, Sylvia Ann Alderton, of Cumberland, Maryland; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. James is retired from the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force. The couple are members at Edgewood Primitive Baptist Church.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Five takeaways from Blount County jamboree
- First in line: Developers to build a hotel at Springbrook Farm
- Blount County pharmacies received nearly 46 million opioid pills in seven years
- Beyond 'Trinity Lane': Lilly Hiatt explores new territory on next effort
- 'You couldn't tell her 'no:' Dorothy Mitchell-Kincaid lived life with conviction, encouraged others to do the same
- Transfers shift the tide for Greenback
- REVIEW: 'Otherhood' a sad showcase for once mighty actresses
- BCSO: Louisville child dies in accidental drowning
- Obituaries for Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
- Obituaries for Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019