Sgt. James Ray and Edna (Ownby) Potter, of Alcoa, will celebrate their 71st wedding anniversary on May 18, 2019. They were married in Chatsworth, Georgia, in 1948 by JW Dooley. Their family includes daughter, Sylvia Ann Alderton, of Cumberland, Maryland; two grandchildren; and five great-grandchildren. James is retired from the U.S. Army and the U.S. Air Force. The couple are members at Edgewood Primitive Baptist Church.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Surprise enterprise: Residents are concerned a Topside Road development may be unsafe for their lakeside neighborhood
- Maryville man arrested, charged in rape of two boys
- SHE'S GOT 'MOVES': Katie Toupin puts Houndmouth in her rearview with a solo career
- Readers needed: Blount County Schools seeking volunteer mentors
- Congressman Tim Burchett is not exercising his independence and good judgment
- Fire in Friendsville destroys home
- In/Out Pizza's soft opening draws a crowd
- John McCutcheon weaves a traditional tapestry
- Wyatt Rutgerson an unsung hero for Greenback offense
- Coach Bill Duncan says he will appeal again next year to restore teaching license