Howard and Catherine “Cathy” Yarnell, of Maryville, celebrated their 50th wedding anniversary on Feb. 8, 2019. The couple was married in 1969, by Father Donald P. Worsh at St. Bernadine’s Catholic Church in Suitland, Md. Their family includes children, Karen Lynn (Danny) Kimsey, of Maryville, Tenn., and Christopher Howard Yarnell, of Gallatin, Tenn; three grandchildren; and one great-grandchild.Howard is retired from The Daily Times and works part-time at Enterprise Car Rental. Cathy is retired from TVA. Howard is a member of First United Methodist Church of Maryville, and enjoys cooking and golfing. Cathy is a member of Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Church in Alcoa, and enjoys machine quilting. They are both long-time members of the Maryville-Alcoa Civitan Club, and enjoy reading and traveling. The couple celebrated their anniversary in Hawaii on the Big Island and Maui.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Alcoa football coach Gary Rankin says truck vandalized by Maryville students
- William Blount sparked by lightning delay in victory over Heritage
- Deputies: Man may have tried to strangle girlfriend during argument
- MOVIE REVIEW: 'Falling Inn Love' is every Hallmark/Lifetime trope you can imagine
- Flying Fortress lands history at McGhee Tyson
- Maryville outlasts Alcoa in Battle of Pistol Creek
- Police warn against text scams
- Obituaries for Saturday, Sept. 14, 2019
- Greenback pins back Oneida
- Maryville offensive line gets high praise in win over Alcoa