Mary Elizabeth Franklin, of Maryville, will celebrate her 95th birthday on Saturday, July 27, 2019. She was born in Dandridge in 1924, to the late Avery and Thelma Jones. Her family includes her husband, the late Raymond J. Franklin; children, Jim and Anna Raye Mitchell, of St. Louis, Missouri, Sunny and Florence Hurst, of Maryville, David and Pat Franklin, of Charleston, South Carolina, Peter and Evelyn Kissinger, of St. Joseph, Michigan, and Ken and the late Shirley Williams, of Atlanta, Georgia; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. She is a member of Green Meadow United Methodist Church and was active in United Methodist Women for 75 years. Elizabeth loves to sew, quilt and do crafts. Her birthday celebration will be on Saturday, July 27, from 2-4 p.m. at Asbury Place.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Surprise enterprise: Residents are concerned a Topside Road development may be unsafe for their lakeside neighborhood
- Maryville man arrested, charged in rape of two boys
- Readers needed: Blount County Schools seeking volunteer mentors
- Fire in Friendsville destroys home
- In/Out Pizza's soft opening draws a crowd
- Congressman Tim Burchett is not exercising his independence and good judgment
- Wyatt Rutgerson an unsung hero for Greenback offense
- Obituaries for Monday, Oct. 14, 2019
- Coach Bill Duncan says he will appeal again next year to restore teaching license
- No more talk: Maryville defense quiets Bradley Central in rout