Mary Elizabeth Franklin, of Maryville, will celebrate her 95th birthday on Saturday, July 27, 2019. She was born in Dandridge in 1924, to the late Avery and Thelma Jones. Her family includes her husband, the late Raymond J. Franklin; children, Jim and Anna Raye Mitchell, of St. Louis, Missouri, Sunny and Florence Hurst, of Maryville, David and Pat Franklin, of Charleston, South Carolina, Peter and Evelyn Kissinger, of St. Joseph, Michigan, and Ken and the late Shirley Williams, of Atlanta, Georgia; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. She is a member of Green Meadow United Methodist Church and was active in United Methodist Women for 75 years. Elizabeth loves to sew, quilt and do crafts. Her birthday celebration will be on Saturday, July 27, from 2-4 p.m. at Asbury Place.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Five takeaways from Blount County jamboree
- First in line: Developers to build a hotel at Springbrook Farm
- Blount County pharmacies received nearly 46 million opioid pills in seven years
- Beyond 'Trinity Lane': Lilly Hiatt explores new territory on next effort
- 'You couldn't tell her 'no:' Dorothy Mitchell-Kincaid lived life with conviction, encouraged others to do the same
- Transfers shift the tide for Greenback
- REVIEW: 'Otherhood' a sad showcase for once mighty actresses
- Obituaries for Wednesday, Aug. 14, 2019
- BCSO: Louisville child dies in accidental drowning
- A TIME TO GET HIGH: Annual Hot Air Balloon Festival returns to Townsend for third year