Mary Elizabeth Franklin, of Maryville, will celebrate her 95th birthday on Saturday, July 27, 2019. She was born in Dandridge in 1924, to the late Avery and Thelma Jones. Her family includes her husband, the late Raymond J. Franklin; children, Jim and Anna Raye Mitchell, of St. Louis, Missouri, Sunny and Florence Hurst, of Maryville, David and Pat Franklin, of Charleston, South Carolina, Peter and Evelyn Kissinger, of St. Joseph, Michigan, and Ken and the late Shirley Williams, of Atlanta, Georgia; 13 grandchildren; 21 great-grandchildren; and one great-great-grandchild. She is a member of Green Meadow United Methodist Church and was active in United Methodist Women for 75 years. Elizabeth loves to sew, quilt and do crafts. Her birthday celebration will be on Saturday, July 27, from 2-4 p.m. at Asbury Place.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Maryville man arrested after assaulting a three-year-old with autism
- TLC Maryville seeks opioid treatment center certification to open
- Nurse at East Tennessee Medical Group expected to recover after being put on life support
- Alcoa outdoes itself in landslide semifinal victory over Loudon
- Maryville redeems itself, punches ticket to state with win over Oakland
- Greenback’s Holden Willis, Alcoa’s Zeke Rankin win Mr. Football awards
- No one injured in Sunday night Alcoa shooting
- Woman taken to the hospital after telling officers she had drugs inside a body cavity
- Greenback's Holden Willis adds Mr. Football award to record-breaking season
- Maryville officials report nearly 730 new addresses added for 2020 census count, more may follow