Makara McDonald, of Walland, has been awarded the Chancellor’s Scholarship to attend the University of Tennessee at Martin for the 2019-2020 academic year, according to Dr. James Mantooth, executive director, Office of Enrollment Services and Student Engagement. McDonald is the daughter of John and Michelle McDonald, and will be a freshman.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Jury hears 911 tape, views crime scene footage on opening day of Foley trial
- Recording at center of Foley murder trial
- Maryville overcomes slow start in blowout victory over William Blount
- Mistrial declared in Maryville murder case
- Alcoa Middle School keeps Git Up Challenge going
- Alcoa facing tall task against Class 6A Blackman in season opener
- Commission approves proposed land for transition center
- First in line: Developers to build a hotel at Springbrook Farm
- Obituaries for Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
- Coach Charles Finley remembered with respect across school districts