Nine Blount County residents were named to the spring 2019 president’s list at the University of Alabama in Tuscaloosa. To be named to the president’s list, a student must achieve a grade-point average of 4.0, on a 4.0 scale. The students are: Lawford Hatcher, of Friendsville; Savannah Stewart, of Greenback; Andrew Byrd, of Louisville; and Andrew Bihl, Alexandra Cherry, Blake Griffith, Anna Symmonds, Melanie Vines and Jacob Wall, all of Maryville.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Jury hears 911 tape, views crime scene footage on opening day of Foley trial
- Recording at center of Foley murder trial
- Maryville overcomes slow start in blowout victory over William Blount
- Mistrial declared in Maryville murder case
- Alcoa Middle School keeps Git Up Challenge going
- Alcoa facing tall task against Class 6A Blackman in season opener
- Commission approves proposed land for transition center
- First in line: Developers to build a hotel at Springbrook Farm
- Obituaries for Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
- Coach Charles Finley remembered with respect across school districts