Truda Valentine Thompson, of Rockford, turned 90-years-old on June 22, 2019. She was born in Blount County in 1929 to the late Houston and Ollie Valentine. Her family includes children, Donna Love, and Scott Householder, both of Rockford; four grandchildren; and seven great-grandchildren. She is a member of Calvary Baptist Church and plays cards at Union Hall. The celebration for Truda will be 3 p.m. until dark June 23 at Sandy Springs Park.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- A commercial real estate company plans to build shopping center on Morganton Road
- Maryville man arrested after assaulting a three-year-old with autism
- Semi knocks out power in Maryville neighborhood
- Several-vehicle accident on Alcoa Highway slows traffic to crawl
- Federal reimbursement of cancer treatment triggered 60 furloughed jobs at ProNova
- Greenback’s Holden Willis, Alcoa’s Zeke Rankin win Mr. Football awards
- Fiber-optic loop around downtown Maryville completed
- Greenback's Holden Willis adds Mr. Football award to record-breaking season
- TLC Maryville seeks opioid treatment center certification to open
- Veterans Treatment Court graduates first participant