Dr. Sam Lyle and John Plummer, owners of the former Island View School property off Boyds Creek Highway, will talk about its history and life at the school at 7 p.m. Tuesday, Aug. 19, at Oak City Baptist Church, Main Street, Seymour. The program is free. It is part of Friends of Seymour Library's How We Live: Then & Now series on local history and culture. Please note change of venue. For more information call the library, 865-573-0728.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- Jury hears 911 tape, views crime scene footage on opening day of Foley trial
- Recording at center of Foley murder trial
- Maryville overcomes slow start in blowout victory over William Blount
- Mistrial declared in Maryville murder case
- Alcoa Middle School keeps Git Up Challenge going
- Alcoa facing tall task against Class 6A Blackman in season opener
- Commission approves proposed land for transition center
- First in line: Developers to build a hotel at Springbrook Farm
- Obituaries for Monday, Aug. 19, 2019
- Coach Charles Finley remembered with respect across school districts