East Tennessee’s The Lonetones have been called Americana, Folk Rock, Indie Folk, Folk Pop, Modern Folk, Folkadelic – but are best known for their unique arrangements and strong songwriting. They recently took the stage at the first Blue Plate Special Road Show. The Open Chord Live Music Venue/Café/Music Store/School Of Music in West Knoxville was our gracious host for the first in a series of road shows while the downtown Blue Plate Stage is being remodeled. Husband and wife team Sean McCullough and Steph Gunnoe lead the group, and they will release their newest album “Dumbing It All Down”on February 18th. The song in this video features the title track. Joining Sean and Steph on stage are Vince Ilagen on bass and Jamie Cook on drums. Find out lots more about The Lonetones on their website at: http://www.thelonetones.com/ and connect with them on Facebook at: https://www.facebook.com/The-Lonetones-97075361034/
The WDVX Blue Plate Special is a live performance radio show held at noon, Monday through Saturday, at the WDVX studio inside the Knoxville Visitor’s Center. Come and play your part as an audience member in the radio show that’s popular worldwide! Listen live at http://wdvx.com/ Follow us on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/WDVXradio/ See more live performances and subscribe to our YouTube channel at: https://www.youtube.com/c/WDVXRadio
As featured on
The Lonetones have been making music around East Tennessee for more than a decade, and Saturday night, they'll celebrate the release of their most recent album, "Dumbing It All Down."
A roundup of local albums by East Tennessee artists that any discriminating music fan should own and listen to, repeatedly.
Knoxville's long-time "Appalachian rock 'n' roll" band The Lonetones will pair down to a two-piece for an upcoming gig at Maryville's Vienna Coffeehouse.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- FOX three-part series on Ruby Ridge will include interviews with Daily Times editor
- Alcoa approves designs for Springbrook Farm apartments and Texas Roadhouse relocation
- 12-year-old dies of flu
- 'THE DEVIL' AND MR. DAVIS: From Nashville assembly lines to white lines, Ward does it his way
- Newlyweds forced into long-distance relationship after wife's student visa is terminated
- Bluetick Tavern on its feet as Barley's lays down
- Chip off the old block: New zoning district for West Plant development means 38-acre slab has to go
- 'Second chance, another dance'; Ministry provides dresses, accessories for proms, other special occasions
- Obituaries for Thursday, Jan. 16, 2020
- Obituaries for Wednesday, Jan. 15, 2020