From the March 10, 1994, edition of The Daily Times: Among the items on the Blount County Schools wish list for funding in 1994-95 was $225,000 to convert the idle swimming pools at William Blount and Heritage high schools into auxiliary gym facilities. The most pressing concern was $375,000 for a dozen outdoor, modular classrooms to help relieve crowding at six schools, according to the five-year facilities plan obtained by The Daily Times 25 years ago.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
- The road to recovery; Community bonds together following Maryville man's tragic accident
- Two juveniles charged with vandalism and auto theft in mailbox rampage
- A connecting line
- Under the facade
- Vols legend Tee Martin fitting in nicely on coaching staff
- Blount County Schools phasing out valedictorian, salutatorian
- Dillards or Darlings; Founding member still takes to the road with a message
- Rockford traffic stop leads to meth arrest of Maryville man
- Blount Memorial Foundation names new board of directors
- Obituaries for Friday, March 15, 2019