From the Sept. 9, 1994, edition of The Daily Times: The status of improvements to Alcoa Highway became a part of the 1994 governor’s debate in Knoxville. Democrat Phil Bredesen said the project already was in the mix and that he was committed to it while Republican Don Sundquist said “I’ll do my best to complete” the project Gov. Ned McWherter started.
Click the image to the left and log in to get your exclusive reader perks.
Success! An email has been sent to with a link to confirm list signup.
Error! There was an error processing your request.
- Deputies: Man may have tried to strangle girlfriend during argument
- Rising tide: Maryville 'strike' seeks to float climate issues to the top of Blount priorities
- Meg Mersman, Maryville stuff William Blount
- Greenback shows no love lost for Oliver Springs in 50-0 rout
- Arconic, Steelworkers dealing with 30-job loss at Tennessee Operations
- Maryville College football trying to take next step versus Hanover
- Owners unsure if they will build construction headquarters in Alcoa despite planning approval
- Dragonfly Aerial Arts soars at weekend's 'Circus After Dark'
- Friendsville man accused of attacking girlfriend, relatives
- Obituaries for Thursday, Sept. 19, 2019